Skip to main content
- Textbooks and materials can be ordered and sold through our campus bookstore, operated by Barnes & Noble. Use this link to create a class text list each semester.
- One copy of all your required texts will automatically be placed on Reserve at the Circulation Desk at the Library.
- Along with a copy of each textbook you assign for a class, you can choose to place additional texts on Reserve, including books, CDs and DVDs. You can bring us library books or those from your own personal collection, as well as indicate that we retrieve them on your behalf.
- The form for Reserves can be found here and can be submitted online.
- For more assistance with Reserves, contact Circulation at x1664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COURSE PACKS
- Have readings from various books and periodicals that can be customized into a printed packet, including your own notes, instructions and syllabi? Through XanEdu, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, you can create a course pack that's professionally printed, bound and sold alongside regular textbooks at the bookstore.
- We will also have a copy of each coursepack on Reserve for a 3-hour checkout period.
- Find out more about coursepacks and XanEdu here.
- COURSE READINGS VIA BLACKBOARD
- Book excerpts and journal articles can be posted on Sewanee's course management system, Blackboard. You can post readings by uploading entire articles and excerpts or by providing students with a stable link. Please consult your Faculty Technology Specialist if you need assistance.
- More information and tutorials regarding how to use Blackboard
- Sewanee's Blackboard portal
- COPYRIGHT LAW & PERMISSONS
- We regard intellectual property rights seriously here at the University of the South, and the responsibility is upon each instructor to seek copyright permission for any material he or she distributes to students, should the situation warrant it.
- Some readings will fall under Fair Use and require no permission to post.
- Others will require that the rightsholder grant permission, sometimes a permission fee.
- Send your requests for copyright permission to email@example.com.
Jessie Ball duPont Library, University of the South
178 Georgia Avenue, Sewanee, TN 37383