Skip to main content
Personalized Account Access through a Computer
Sewanee students, faculty, and staff with @sewanee.edu email addresses can create an account at http://chronicle.com and gain access without having to go through the Library's proxy server.
- Go to http://chronicle.com and click on the "log in" link in the top right corner.
- Click "create a free account"
- Enter your @sewanee.edu email account as the username
- Follow the rest of the steps
The Chronicle has an app available for the iPad (not iPhone or Android devices). You must first create an account using the steps above.
- Download the Chronicle app from the App Store
- Click "sign in" on the upper left
- Enter your account information
Access through Library Proxy Server Off-Campus
- Start at the Library website.
- In the main search box, choose the Journals tab, and search for Chronicle of Higher Education.
- From the resulting list retrieved in the Journal Finder, choose "from 09/01/1989 to present in Chronicle of Higher Education".
- Off-campus users using this link will be required to enter their Sewanee credentials to gain access to the site. This consists of your full name and the barcode number from your university ID.
Jessie Ball duPont Library, University of the South
178 Georgia Avenue, Sewanee, TN 37383