A good way to keep current with research and practice is to monitor recent publications in key journals in a field, but it can be time-consuming to visit each journal’s website and browse the Table of Contents (TOCs). The JournalTOCs Tables of Contents service allows you to keep up-to-date with newly published scholarly material by enabling you to browse, view, save, and search across thousands of journal tables of contents from hundreds of publishers.
You can view the tables of contents on the website, or receive alerts in your email, or read them in an RSS reader as soon as they’re published electronically. You can view titles and tables of contents for the over 24,000 journals in the JournalTOCs system.
1. Registering an account is very easy. Go to the Journal TOCs site at http://www.journaltocs.ac.uk/. Click “Sign In” on the right top corner of the page.
2. Log onto JournalTOCs and use the search box on the left of your screen to find the journal of your interest (see image below). For example, type in Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and click “Go”.
3. A “SEARCH RESULTS” panel will appear below the search box (see image below). Check the box before the journal you wish to follow, and the journal title will appear on the right.
4. Tick the Email Alerts box to start getting emails when there are new articles published in this journal. The emails are currently set to weekly, and you will not get an email if no new issues of the journal have been published that week.
5. There are two other options for following journals if you do not want to get emails: You can just visit the JournalTOCs website when you want to, or you can export your list from JournalTOCs into an RSS feed reader. (If you are familiar with RSS readers, you can probably follow the instructions on the JournalTOCs site to do this.)
Spaces & Places
About the Library
Jessie Ball duPont Library, University of the South
178 Georgia Avenue, Sewanee, TN 37383